Plinthed at Lismore
D3 671 plinthed in Brown's Waterhole Park, Lismore.
Chris Thompson has kindly provided this photo dated 30 November 2005.
This locomotive was constructed by the
Victorian Railways Newport Workshops in 1917 and originally numbered
DD 1024, becoming one of the 261 members of the Victorian Railways
DD-class mixed-traffic locomotives. It was renumbered to DD 732 in 1925 before being superheated and modified to D2 configuration in
1931, becoming D2 732. It was later further rebuilt with the larger D3
boiler in 1933, becoming D3 671. (For more information about the
Victorian Railways DD-class locomotives, refer to the entry for
D3 671 was plinthed in Brown's Waterhole Park, Lismore in 1965, where it remains to this day.
Two further views of D3 671 at Lismore;Chris Thompson photographs dated 30 November 2005.
|a||"A brief history of Preserved Rolling Stock of Victoria" by Norm Bray, Peter J Vincent and Daryl M Gregory. Published by Brief History Books, PO Box 437, Sunbury, Vic 3429.|
|b||Webmaster's observation or comment|
Page updated: 22 December 2013