Seymour Railway Heritage Centre
K 176 stored on a turntable road within the Seymour Railway Heritage Centre.
This photo was taken under overcast skies on16 May 2004.
K 176 was built by the Victorian Railways' Newport Workshops in 1941 to the successful K-class 2-8-0 locomotive design for branch-line work.
K 176 had been plinthed for many years at Deniliquin, NSW, where it was displayed on the old turntable. (Deniliquin is the terminus of a broad-gauge branch line which crosses the border from Victoria.) K 176 was subsequently acquired by the Seymour Railway Heritage Centre for future restoration.
Here is a useful Wikipedia link which provides further information about the Victorian Railway K-class locomotives.
A second view of K 176 stored at Seymour Rail Heritage Centre. 16 May 2004.
A closer view of K 176 plinthed at Seymour. 16 May 2004.
|a||"Locomotives of Australia" by Leon Oberg, published by J. W. Books Pty Ltd, 1982 reprint.|
|b||Webmaster's observation or comment.|
Page updated: 27 October 2013