K 165

ARHS Museum, North Williamstown

 

K 165 displayed at the ARHS museum at North Williamstown on 10 May 2003.

K 165 was built by the Victorian Railways' Newport Workshops in 1941 to the successful K-class 2-8-0 locomotive design.  A total of 53 K-class locomotives were constructed for branch-line duties, with a significant number retained in storage or for workshop shunting duties towards to end of steam traction on the Victorian Railways.

K 165 is displayed among the locomotive exhibits at the Australian Railway Historical Society (ARHS) museum at North Williamstown.

 

References

 

a

L. Oberg, 'Locomotives of Australia', published by J. W. Books Pty Ltd, Brookvale NSW. 1982 reprint.

b

Webmaster's observation or comment.

 

Page updated:  16 November 2013

Government Railways:

NSWGR

QGR

CR

WAGR

VR

TGR

SAR

 

Contributions

Home

Private & Industrial Railways:

NSW

QLD

Sugar

WA

Vic

Tas

SA

 

Copyright

References